[nafex] Nurse limbs - which grafting situations need them, where are they counterproductive?

Elizabeth Hilborn ehilborn at mebtel.net
Sun Apr 24 13:27:47 EDT 2016

I have had good experiences using nurse limbs when grafting to apple and
pear root sprouts. However, now I am grafting to native persimmon
rootsprouts and wonder if nurse limbs will be counterproductive by
drawing too much energy and nutrients away from my graft.

Does any one have experience using this technique and would consider it
beneficial when grafting to persimmon, pawpaw or hickory?

Betsy Hilborn