[nafex] Question about crabapple trees top-worked with domestic ap ples.

Scott Weber and Muffy Barrett bluestem_farm at juno.com
Thu Sep 25 08:21:13 EDT 2014

Andre,I second what Jerry says.  Topworking a mature tree can give fantastic growth.  You may even get fruit setting at the second leaf, but it's best to pick it off since there still won't be a lot of wood strengthening the graft at that point and you don't want to break it off.  Go for it!Muffy Barrett