[nafex] Question about crabapple trees top-worked with domestic apples.

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 21:58:11 EDT 2014

Andre,

With any kind of luck you will have fruit on the third leaf.

Jerry

In a message dated 9/24/2014 4:21:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
hello at protocol6.com writes:

I'm  thinking about top-working a mature crabapple tree in my backyard with
two or  three domestic apple varieties.

I have never done this, but have a good  idea how to proceed.

One thing I'd be curious to know is how long its  likely to take until the
new apple branches bear fruit (assuming the cleft  grafts take, of course)

Any observations or comments would be be  greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and best  regards.

:-)

Andre