[nafex] looking for a hardiness listing of peach rootstock

Dan Nave nave1 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 24 18:54:11 EDT 2014

Cummins nursery wrote: "We have had graft union sensitivity with first Krymsk 86 and now Krymsk 1 in
many varieties, we always lose an inordinate number of trees to breakage at the time of digging. The
hope has been that these unions would strengthen over time, which does seem to happen in the case of
many varieties. But all in all I think we are ready to abandon the Krymsk 1 for apricots (and peach,
but not plum), in spite of the cold hardiness and the dwarfing qualities. For the spring 2014 season
we are returning to the use of Manchurian"

Dan