[nafex] NAFEX on Facebook

Deannie Hughes davidndeannie at nctc.com
Tue Sep 23 14:06:43 EDT 2014

First, I am no tech or media expert. I have only been on facebook myself for
a short period of time. It has its drawbacks to be sure. I am very surprised
at who shows an interest in my postings. This is the point. I did not mean
to suggest that this forum nor any other should be eliminated, but that a
presence on the other platforms might draw in new blood and refresh the
oganization. Nafex has been difficult for me to enjoy because I do not know
but one or two other members. I have tried to join in on some discussions on
topics I was interested in on this forum and was basically ignored. I
enjoyed  the paper version of Pomona and understand it is expensive to
produce and mail thus it's demise. So, what is there for me or anyone else
to want to join?
It may be a sign of the times, that people are no longer joiners to any sort
of organization. The internet as a whole has made information "free" though
not neccessarily correct or even close to accurate. I suppose my suggestion
is to be more inclusive as a forum. Maybe include people you don't know in
your discussions. Try to make this forum a little less of a public display
of private conversations.