[nafex] NAFEX on Facebook

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Mon Sep 22 23:01:11 EDT 2014

On Sep 22, 2014, at 10:50 PM, mIEKAL aND wrote:

> sad that folks that have chimed into this thread are locked into one
> possible version of information transmission.  Facebook...

I use Facebook, G+, and some on-line chat sites. I exchange texts with my son, and interact in Google Hangouts with friends, and do quite a lot of collaborative work via Google docs. And there are some people I do business with whom I can only reach via Facebook chat -- they never get around to answering email. I also advertise local events via Facebook. And publish snippets on Vine. So I don't feel I am locked into one possible version of information transfer. But social media don't provide the sort of experience I enjoy for this sort of information. I find it particularly annoying that it's nearly impossible to search for a conversation I remember having a couple of years ago, for instance.

> That said, I'll try to get a thread going on the facebook page to see
> if any of the folks there not subbed to this list would be interested
> in joining.

So, thanks for advertising this mailing list to the Facebook crowd. :-)

Ginda