[nafex] Aronia Berry Festival will be this weekend in Missouri Valley, Iowa

Brungardt, Sam (MPCA) sam.brungardt at state.mn.us
Fri Sep 19 16:16:29 EDT 2014

Sawmill Hollow (andrew at sawmillhollow.com) You moved this message to its current location.

Fri 9/19/14 7:52 AM

Friend,

It's not too late to settle your weekend plans! Join us for the 7th Annual North American Aronia Berry Festival at Sawmill Hollow Family Farm, this Saturday and Sunday, September 20-21, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM.

The field day turned festival at America's first Aronia berry farm features all things that highlight the native purple berry, including food and recipes, wine tastings, growers workshops (now with honey bees, composting, gardening, and more!), and of course, the "World Famous" Aronia Berry Stomp.

In addition to the aronia berry, the event features dozens of local Loess Hills artisans; everyone from candles and soap makers, to potters and painters, photographers and jewelers, knitters and local artisan farms. We're excited to welcome the Raptor Recovery team to the farm to teach us more about animals native to our region. Live music will set the soundtrack to the Loess Hills.

We think every year is pretty special, but we're excited to have a special guest join us for our 7th annual event. Senator Tom Harkin will experience his first aronia berry festival, kicking off the weekend with a visit from 10:00 - noon on Saturday.

Our "Sunday in the Heartland" event will feature the Hy-Vee Healthy You Mobile, with dietitians sharing tips on making life easier, healthier, and happier.

As always, entry to the festival is free. So get your GPS and google maps set for 2159 Kennedy Ave., Missouri Valley, IA 51555. For more information visit www.sawmillhollow.com<http://www.sawmillhollow.com>

I'm looking forward to seeing you, your family, and friends this weekend.

Cheers,

Andrew Pittz
Sawmill Hollow Family Farm