[nafex] Keeping apples

fuwa fuwa usagi fuwafuwausagi at muchomail.com
Fri Feb 14 20:38:25 EST 2014

I grow my apples in ziplock bags anyways, so I just pull them off bag and all and they keep fairly well that way.

And not to be sarcastic put you can dip them in wax, it peels off easily if you buff the apples first (on many varieties, for rougher apples, like russets you are better off spraying them with cooking oil first and dipping them, or cooking spray and wrap them... )years ago I waxed many apples...the wax is very reusable and can be remelted many times.  I played around with waxes...can;t remember the blend I came up with, mostly candle wax with paraffin added as I recall, but I do not remember the ratio.  But as I said the best part is you can reuse the wax.  It is sort of like making caramel apples  :)