[nafex] Considering Cornelian cherry trees in the southeast -experience?

Louis Pittman lpittman at murraystate.edu
Wed Apr 30 22:32:58 EDT 2014

Betsy,
C.mas does well here in southern west-central KY - about 70 mi NW of
Nashville TN.  To a boy from UCLA(upper corner of lower Alabama), it seems
like the frigid northland, but I guess some folks consider KY to be in the
Southeast.

I don't have any growing, but there are three large C.mas trees(I presume
they were unselected seedlings) planted in a public park here - have
probably been in place at least since the 1980s.  No evidence of
anthracnose, or powdery mildew for that matter, and they fruit heavily
every year, despite blooming VERY early in the season.

Lucky Pittman
Hopkinsville, KY