[nafex] Encouraging lower scaffolds

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Sun Apr 27 22:32:27 EDT 2014

Randy,

See if the attached files answer your question.

Jerry

In a message dated 4/27/2014 2:21:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
burdrs at gmail.com writes:

I have 3  to 5 year old apples that have few lower scaffolds. I want to
encourage lower  scaffolds in these areas of bare trunk. I have not done
scoring before and  would like to get advice on how best to proceed if this will
be my best  option: timing, tips on how to do it, etc. I have found
information on line  but the nuances of how to do it are  lacking.