[nafex] Apios

mIEKAL aND qazingulaza at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 22:25:51 EDT 2014

I emailed Will Bonsall of the Scatterseed Project about the origins of
the apios he sent me and he had this to say.  He is located in Maine,
so extreme hardiness in a prerogative.

"I did get a few clones from the LSU project, but never distributed
any of those; in fact they didn't do exceptionally well here. Instead
i have shared tubers from a wild patch i discovered on a riverbank in
a nearby town. Since all of the populations in the northeast which
have been tested are a single triploid clone, we're not likely to see
a lot of variation, at least not that is genetic in origin."

~mIEKAL