[nafex] Fw: Ka-Bluey Blueberry

Michael Dossett phainopepla at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 15:21:08 EDT 2014

Naomi,

Good vigor in mineral soils just means that it still performs in soils with lower organic matter and shouldn't be interpreted as saying much about pH range.  While the recommended range for blueberries is pH 4.5-5.5, there are varieties and soil conditions up to about 6 or so where blueberries can still do OK in some cases.  Anything higher than that and you are probably looking at planting in a spot highly supplemented with peat and/or acidifying irrigation water to get good nutrient uptake and reliable performance.

Michael Dossett
Mission, British Columbia
www.Mdossettphoto.com
phainopepla at yahoo.com