[nafex] salmonberry

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Sun Apr 6 08:45:07 EDT 2014

Sorry, I meant rubus, I have just been mucking with currants, and wrote the wrong word.

Here's a link to the list of plants prohibited in MA for their invasive characteristics.
http://www.mass.gov/eea/docs/agr/farmproducts/docs/prohibited-plant-list-sciname.pdf
It includes three members of the Rubus genus, but not salmonberries or thimbleberries. I was confusing salmonberries with wineberries.

Rubus fruticosus, "wild blackberry complex"
Rubus moluccanus, wild blackberry
Rubus phoenicolasius, wineberry

It also includes
Elaeagnus umbellata, autumn olive
but nothing else in the Elaeagnus genus.

Ginda