[nafex] salmonberry

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Sat Apr 5 13:27:10 EDT 2014

On Apr 3, 2014, at 2:10 PM, Mike Levine wrote:

> I'm growing curious about salmonberries.  Are there any cultivars
> available?  Are there any thornless ones?  How do the fruit taste?  Would
> they likely be invasive in SE Michigan (they can get 10' tall) or do they
> mostly stay in bounds?

Speaking of invasive fruits -- I'm pretty sure they are one of the many species of Ribes that are illegal to plant in my area. I've never seen them growing wild, so I don't know if they are actually invasive.

I have seen thimbleberry (which may also be illegal) and that was very tasty, although the fruit was quite small.

Ginda