[nafex] Ray's questions

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 12:22:48 EDT 2013

Ray, I wouldn't want to rely on calcium sprays for brown rot although there
is research of it's partial effectiveness with multiple applications.  Used
with sulfur it might be a good way to try organic methods but I rely on an
SI fungicide called Indar.   The already mentioned Montery Fungus Fighter
is a product packaged for the home grower of similar chemistry, although it
seems not to be as useful against peach scab.  You may have to go on-line
to find it.  I find a single application a month before ripening is usually
adequate if rain doesn't get crazy frequent.

Where are you located?  Here in southeastern NY I generally only need two
applications of similarly affective materials-  I've stopped using Imidan.
Now if I can avoid too many Jap beetles and stinkbugs I'll be fine.  Found
a cluster of immature green stinkbugs on a peach yesterday, however.  Hot
weather encourages them.