[nafex] Pawpaw survival

Jay Cutts orders at cuttsreviews.com
Thu Jul 11 12:23:40 EDT 2013

Jerry,

The soil is quite alkaline. I've taken to applying liberal doses of
acidifier and there has been a significant improvement in leaf color.
Without that, the leaves tend to be pale. Annual rain fall is 8"!! We
water every day or every other day. Summer temperatures in the high 90's.

What surprised me this year is that there was NOT a gradual decline in
the leaves but rather an almost overnight loss of leaves. Maybe the
wind. Maybe bugs. The remaining leaves were battered-looking and chewed
up on the edges. The biggest leaves went first and then the few
remaining small leaves just withered on the stem. The tree did not
respond with a new flush of growth. The stems very quickly became
dead-looking, which made me wonder if something had happened to the
roots themselves.

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's MCAT Prep Book
Lead Author, Barron's LSAT Prep Book (2013)
(505) 281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mountain Time, 7 days