[nafex] Beach Plums

Lee Reich leeareich at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 05:07:53 EDT 2013

In case anyone is interested, I devote a whole chapter to beach plums in my book Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden. As I point out in the chapter, beach plums do not need beaches to grow well; I've grown them for many years here in the Hudson Valley of New York. The worst thing about the plants, as far as I'm concerned, is that they are very erratic in production. The best thing is that the fruit has fine flavor, even fresh in the best clones, and the bushes are beautiful. They do flower reliably.
Quoting from my book, "Blossoming is so profuse that in 1932 two scientists from the Arnold Arboretum were able to plot the distribution of wild stands by observing them from an airplane at bloom time."

Lee Reich, PhD
Come visit my farmden at http://leereich.blogspot.com/
http://leereich.com/

Books by Lee Reich: