[nafex] transplanting paw paws

Mike Levine mlevine at umich.edu
Tue Jul 2 12:37:30 EDT 2013

I agree, I've actually had better success transplanting pawpaws during the
growing season.  I like to do it after bud break, but before the leaves get
large.  Seems like this "tropical" plant grows better in the heat of
summer.  If I transplant them while dormant they don't seem to like
"sitting around" waiting til it gets warm b4 they can grow.  I'm referring
to planting them, however, not to severing suckers.  I think that's best
done while dormant, waiting a year, and then digging after leaf out.

Mike