[nafex] revisiting interstem

tanis cuff tanistanis at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 15:27:12 EST 2013

Please correct this if wrong.  If I remember my botany, some plant nutrients move upwards in the interior part of the stem, while others move downwards in the cambium just under the bark.  Both have an effect on the dwarfing of a graft.  If you switch the topwork & rootstock cultivars of an interstem combo, you are asking the 'assembly line' to run in the opposite direction.  I would like to see side-by-side comparisons, before relying on doing many for expected production.

tc, s.WI, 0 F one day, 0 C the next