[nafex] durian, "King of the fruits"

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Thu Jan 24 12:30:22 EST 2013

In a message dated 1/24/2013 11:43:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sam.brungardt at state.mn.us writes:

> That's pretty funny, Hector.  Here in St. Paul, there are very many South
> Asian immigrants (and food stores that cater to their ethnic foods needs).
>  In many of the stores one can find frozen durian and durian that has been
> frozen then thawed.  I've also seen durian ice cream and durian blender
> drinks offered in Asian snack shops and restaurants. I have some durian
> essence (flavoring) that I've never tried, and perhaps I should test that first.
> -- Sam

While in China w/o Barb I purchased a sack of durian candy at an airport
and passed out to fellow travelers. Most tasted it and immediately spit it
out. Not a good advertisement for the fruit. There was a couple form Indonesia
in the group and they likes it and shared many with them. Brought some home
and frankly threw the last few out.

Jerry