[nafex] Honey Locust Pods - How to Process?

Hector Black hblack1925 at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 24 11:18:46 EST 2013

J. Russell Smith in his book, "Tree Crops - a Permanent Agriculture" has a recipe for honey locust pods and corn meal for cornbread.  He said it was quite tasty and I've always wanted to try it.   I believe he ground up the entire pod with seeds and added it to the cornmeal.   TVA planted some trees here years ago with the idea of fermenting the pods for alcohol fuel but I understand there was something in the pods that inhibited the complete fermentation of the sugars and they gave up.      Hector Black, zone 6 middle tn