[nafex] website devoted to durian, "King of the fruits"

Hector Black hblack1925 at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 24 11:14:39 EST 2013

Hi Sam,
     We found one at a market in Vancouver and I was excited to try the "queen of tropical fruits"   We brought it to our hotel room (I've heard of hotel signs that read "no dogs or durians").  The moment we cut it the smell was really bad.  My son-in-law who has lost his sense of smell tried it and liked it, but the rest of us couldn't get it past our noses.  I remember we had a real problem disposing of it - had to get it out of our room.  Several plastic bags did the trick.    Hector