[nafex] Honey Locust Pods - How to Process?

Peter Chrisbacher pxbacher at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 11:12:54 EST 2013

Hi Jim -

I'd be happy to send you seeds, but as I'm sure you know, the seedlings are
extremely unlikely to turn out like the parent tree. What the seedlings
should do well, however, is provide a highly compatible rootstock for the
selected parent trees, which I've read can be a problem when grafting
honeylocust.  Given the former owner's experience with crop trees, I
strongly suspect these trees to be Calhoun, Millwood, and Torbett. I'm not
sure yet how many trees there are, as it was getting dark (and cold!) when
I located them and I didn't get a chance to really look around.

In case you've not grown honeylocust before, you'll want to watch this
brief video describing the effect of abrading and vinegar soaking on honey
locust seed germination: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PipKtFHwgL4. Wogsland
(the maker of the video) has some other interesting videos as well.

Email me your address and I'll snail mail you some seeds.  You can find my
email address at the bottom of this page: http://goo.gl/wMldB

Pete Chrisbacher
610.805.3050