[nafex] Honey Locust Pods - How to Process?

PATTY jrplelie at centurylink.net
Thu Jan 24 09:38:45 EST 2013

Hey Pete,

Any chance you would be willing to part with 10 or so seeds?  I have been trying to get some of the better Gleditsia varieties up here in WI.  Hidden Springs Nursery has been back-logged on their orders and Andy Wilson of Honeylocust Agroforestry hasn't been returning my emails.
His website is actually quite informative but may not go as far as covering processing.

http://www.faculty.virginia.edu/honeylocust-agroforestry/agroforestry/

Thanks,

Jim Elie
Pulaski WI
Zone 5

I haven't yet dug out any seeds, but I understand these are also edible...

Here's a pic: http://goo.gl/CyhDR

BTW, best site I've found so far with info on honey locust use was this
one:
http://www.wildpantry.com/beans.htm

Thanks all -

Pete Chrisbacher