[nafex] Honey Locust Pods - How to Process?

Geoffrey Tolle Gtolle0709 at wowway.com
Thu Jan 24 00:56:39 EST 2013

I too am very interested in how to extract the "sugar" from these pods.
I haven't had much success with my attempts. I tried just blending up
pods and all in water then cooking the water down. That worked to make a
very crude sugar and a somewhat bitter one. However, use a pressure
cooker on the seeds and they make fairly tasty beans. I have to go out
and gather up some pods soon. A bunch fell on a nearby lot.