[nafex] Growing Aronia from seed.

Richard MURPHY murphman108 at msn.com
Mon Jan 21 18:29:25 EST 2013

How to grow Aronia from seed.

 The following is right from my notebook: (2011)

 1. The berries were macerated by squeezing them by hand in a
 bowl of cold water.
 2. The seeds sink to the bottom, and they are very small.
 3. The seeds were washed by shaking them in a jar with water for
 1 minute.
 4. On November 5, they went into the fridge in a jar with a DAMP
 paper towel.
 5. On February 26th, 112 days later they were planted in Miracle
 Gro seed starter mix.
 Indoors. 1/2" deep. At this time, there were no radicles
 (sprouts).
 6. On March 6, seedlings began to emerge, and continued to
 emerge for about 10 days.
 7. On March 28, the seedlings were 3 to 4" tall.
 8. On May 6, I transplanted the seedlings outside. Zone 6 MA.
 9. Every plant thrived vigorously.

 These were some of the easiest plants I ever started.
 You may use / distribute this info as you see fit.

 Murph