[nafex] Growing Aronia from seed.
murphman108 at msn.com
Mon Jan 21 18:29:25 EST 2013
How to grow Aronia from seed.
The following is right from my notebook: (2011)
1. The berries were macerated by squeezing them by hand in a
bowl of cold water.
2. The seeds sink to the bottom, and they are very small.
3. The seeds were washed by shaking them in a jar with water for
4. On November 5, they went into the fridge in a jar with a DAMP
5. On February 26th, 112 days later they were planted in Miracle
Gro seed starter mix.
Indoors. 1/2" deep. At this time, there were no radicles
6. On March 6, seedlings began to emerge, and continued to
emerge for about 10 days.
7. On March 28, the seedlings were 3 to 4" tall.
8. On May 6, I transplanted the seedlings outside. Zone 6 MA.
9. Every plant thrived vigorously.
These were some of the easiest plants I ever started.
You may use / distribute this info as you see fit.
More information about the nafex