[nafex] Can someone recommend a cover crop: annual, low-growing, flowering, will spread, will grow in wood-chip mulch

mark wessel growyourown at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 20 11:36:19 EST 2013

Steve,

You don't ask for much out of a ground cover. If you could only be flexible on one of the criteria.

That being said, an annual turf rye might be what you are looking for.You may have to feed the rye to get it established.

Dutch white clover would be my choice if perennial crops were in your list of conditions. They would deal well with the chips.

Mark
SW Ohio