[nafex] Nanking Cherries; WHITE fruited varieties from EL - difference between #1, 2, AND 3

John S swim_at_svc at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 00:19:16 EST 2013

Sorry, Steve, I was not paying that much attention when I had both of them. (1 and 2)  I did enjoy them, however.  They tasted much sweeter than the red's I have grown.   My remaining bush did not do well this year.  The unusual weather the past few years has been stressing the plants.

I've been doing trials with white or light colored small fruits for years, mostly because trying to obtain a harvest in this local area (western PA) is very difficult given the bird pressures and my small garden.  Netting appears to be the only reliable option but I find that to be very tedious.  The birds do seem to ignore the white's most years, but occasionally do go for them.

John