[nafex] Myrica Rubra / Bayberry

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar parmarch_mnd at dataone.in
Wed Jan 16 03:30:55 EST 2013

Derry, Scot and Cliff,

I have no experience with Myrica rubra, but we have totally failed with
cuttings of Myrica nagi which we call kaphal here and which is more or less
similar to M. rubra except the tree size which is much smaller than rubra.
There are chapters about both in Fruitipedia and a few pictures about
Kaphal.

Kaphal seeds germinate but are slow to germinate and also to grow.

Though I did not get any rooting at all even under mist, but this tree has a
tendency to form roots.  I have seen naturally formed layers of this plant
in the forest.  So the cuttings will  root in case they get their ideal
environment.olderregion

y experience is that kaphal is a plant of relatively colder area than rubra.

If any of you is interested in kaphal seeds, you may write me around 1st of
May as the season for it starts around 15th of May.

Please  do see the chapters in Fruitipedia.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
www.fruitipedia.com