[nafex] Myrica Rubra / Bayberry

derry walsh derrywalsh1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 14:08:57 EST 2013

The Complete Book of Plant Propagation by Clarke and Toogood, 1992, says
for Myrica sp.:

semi-ripe cuttings taken with a heel during mid- to late summer and
rooted in a heated propagating case 18°C (65 F).

Seeds sown as soon as ripe and placed in a garden frame. Transfer to
heated greenhouse in late winter.

Division during early or mid-Spring, replanting the portions immediately
in their permanent position.

Derry