[nafex] Myrica Rubra / Bayberry

Scott Smith scott at cs.jhu.edu
Mon Jan 14 13:10:24 EST 2013

I have tried three times to germinate bayberry seeds and all three times I got nothing.  Each of the seed batches was from a totally different source.  One batch I know was fresh because I ate the surrounding berry myself :-)

Maybe someone knows some tricks for germination?  I would guess they do not need stratification since they are from a tropical climate.  I held the seeds at about 80F for several months.

Scott