[nafex] Mulberry commercial potentials

Lee Reich leeareich at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 11:48:44 EST 2013

Black mulberry species (Morus nigra) will not grow in the midwest, only in Mediterranean climates and perhaps the southeast. This is the best tasting of the mulberries, fresh at least.

There is great variation in quality and other fruit characteristics of the other species, especially white mulberry (Morus alba), whose fruit can be white, lavender, or black.

Lucille Whitman (wwwwhitmanfarms.com) offers a good selection of a number of species.

I devote a whole chapter to mulberries in my book Uncommon Fruits for Every Garden.

Lee Reich, PhD
Come visit my farmden at http://leereich.blogspot.com/
http://leereich.com/

Books by Lee Reich: