[nafex] Mulberry commercial potentials

dwoodard at becon.org dwoodard at becon.org
Sun Jan 13 00:04:59 EST 2013

 The Zehrs (Loblaws) supermarket chain in Ontario often has litre
 bottles of black mulbery juice at around $8.50. It's delicious. If
 memory serves it comes from Iran but I am not quite sure about that.

 I have read that in old times in Afghanistan, dried mulberries were a
 staple food. The Bulk Barn chain here sells them sometimes. I haven't
 been overly impressed with the flavour. I suspect they may be different
 cultivars or strains from those grown for fresh eating.

 Doug Woodard
 St. Catharines, Ontario