[nafex] mulberry

L.A. Rizzo rizzolori1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 22:00:29 EST 2013

Chiranjit,

This is quite interesting - I spent my childhood in Rochester, NY, living
off of a mulberry tree every summer.  All I remember is there were ants all
over the tree, and my hands and feet were purple for weeks.  I think most
people quit growing them because they stain everything in sight.

I actually went back to my home street in Rochester in an attempt to collect
seed, but the tree was gone.

When I buy a place here in Boston, I intend to grow mulberries, too, so am
interested to hear more about cultivating these.

Lori

Lori Rizzo
Health Care Quality & Process Improvement
Pet Training & Behavior Counseling
Rizzo Hollow Heirloom Plants & Unusual Edibles
Dedham, MA & Maryville, TN
rizzolori1 at gmail.com