[nafex] mulberry

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar parmarch_mnd at dataone.in
Sat Jan 12 20:54:23 EST 2013

Due to harvesting and storage problems mulberry could never establish as an
commercial orchard fruit in India though it is one of the tastiest things on
earth.  We have several varieties of white and red or black mulberries in
India.  So this fruit has either been a fruit of children who could climb
the trees, usually on village common lands and also near irrigation wells,
and enjoy the fruits.  I have done it during my childhood days.  Or mulberry
has been a fruit of rich landlords having servants to pick fresh fruits in
the morning every day and use them.  So this fruit has always been a
delicacy in India.  As the tree is one of the easiest to multiply and grow,
so it always finds place at government research orchards and commercial
nurseries.  I DO NOT think that it has any scope as a commerciual orchard
fruit.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
186/3 Jail Road
Mandi HP 175001