[nafex] mulberry

Hector Black hblack1925 at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 12 18:50:20 EST 2013

We've sold mulberries (Ill. Everbearing) at the local Farmer's Market.  Biggest problem for us was they are very tender and survive only minimum handling.  Don't keep well even with refrigeration.
     I was trying pollarding, because it seemed the best way to reach the fruit.  Keep to 5 ft. or so height and remove branches after 3,4 years.  But the deer had other ideas.  Broke all the grafts.  The love the foliage.  I hope someone can work out a system.    Hector Black zone 6 middle tn