[nafex] mulberry

Martha Davis martha_davis at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 12 13:24:30 EST 2013

I've seen mulberries at the farmers market here in New Mexico sold by the
plastic cup with I think the intent that you eat them immediately. I have
also seen them sold by the basket in a farm store in Oregon.  Neither of
them were in large quantity.  I have a couple of vague impressions that may
be relevant. It seems like the flavor may change with the length of time
off the tree, and they seem like they are more like the short shelf life
rather than longer shelf life berries.  That said I never have enough to
even make it into the house with them.

Martha Davis