[nafex] Umeboshi, Japanese apricot, Chinese plum: Prized fruit by any name (LA Times)

derry walsh derrywalsh1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 18:12:26 EST 2013

Mike,

I just know they are really hard and green when picked.

For Beni shi don, the fruit is slightly furry about 1.25" to 1.5" and
oval and if you let them ripen they are soft and bland (IMO).

There is some arboretum in the south-eastern US where there is a
'collection', maybe South Carolina?

Years ago I checkout their web site.

Derry