[nafex] M27 rootstock

John Barbowski jbarbowski at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 15:32:26 EDT 2012

*I don't have a pic of M27, but I believe I have one of M26. This tree was
supposed to be a Fulford Gala - obviously not. I can only assume the graft
(commercial supplier) did not take and the RS grew. Derry Walsh of this
group suggested it was the RS.

The apple definitely is palatable with some astringency. I has a nice pink
blush when ripe and attains a size of about 2". We use it as an additive
for jams, and some hand eats. I have successfully grafted a delicious to
it, (scion host bought in 1979 when they were good) - 3rd pic in the album
below:

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/JBarbowski/Yellow%20Crab%20Apple/YellowCrab.jpg

*