[nafex] M27 rootstock

fuwa fuwa usagi fuwafuwausagi at muchomail.com
Fri Mar 30 14:53:54 EDT 2012

Sherwin,

Thank you for the response.

Does anyone know where I can find a link to a picture of the fruit of M27? The reason I ask is I recently rediscovered a planting I made some 8 years ago of some 39 varieties of apples on M27.   The rabbits had a feast and gnawed everything in site, which naturally regrew, but the issue becomes is it the scion or the rootstock that regrew. but I can tell some stuff must have survived as the bloom rates a radically different on several (they are probably Northern Spy based on their location and the fact they re still dormant and I grafted several NS).

It is sort of  mystery as to what survived.  But an intriguing one as I have a grid of what I planted only need to identify a few varieties in order to apply it. OF course knowing what the rootstock fruit looks like will greatly simplify the task.

One intersting thing is M27 must root a lot easier than I thought, as many of the bush/trees were blown over and rooted in several places and the rootstock grew laterally underground.

tfb

Message: 2