[nafex] Compatable pears???

Scott Smith scott at cs.jhu.edu
Thu Mar 29 09:27:06 EDT 2012

There are many cases of asymmetric compatibility like this, for example Japanese plums generally work well on Euro plum stock but not well vice-versa, and apricots work on peaches but not vice-versa.  It is an asymmetric relationship in terms of the flow of sap so that must have something to do with it, but I never heard a good scientific explanation.

Scott