[nafex] grape problem

anton ptak antonptak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 12:47:08 EDT 2012

We pruned our grapes early march - all looked healthy prior to pruning.
All of our vines are young - in their 2nd and 3rd years.  A few weeks
later, following 2-3 weeks of record warmth, barely any rain, we noticed
an issue on our 3rd year Swenson Red grapes, but none of the other
varieties.  Our pruning cuts all appear darkened or black and are oozing
a watery (non viscous) liquid - maybe water??  I can't identify this
problem in any of the guides I have - anyone have any knowledge of a
similar condition?  If so, are there any mitigation techniques?  We were
spraying copper on a few things in the orchard, so we did hit these
grapes with the copper spray also last weekend.

Thanks,
Anton Ptak
zone 4a W. Wisc