[nafex] Spinosad kills fast

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Mon Mar 26 18:02:34 EDT 2012

Well, I guess I answered my own question. I checked the largest apple tree today. There was a relatively low rate of winter moth damage to the buds -- I would estimate less than 1/3 of the buds show damage. Of the buds I examined where I could see damage, I was able to find a dead or dying winter moth caterpillar in all but one. I've included a photo of two of them below. One is curled up near the 3/16 mark, and the other is spread out across the 3/8 mark on the ruler. As you can see, they have only recently hatched. I expect more to hatch the next time the weather gets warm, but I will wait until then to re-spray.

Ginda
Eastern MA, zone 6