[nafex] apples, spinosad, and rain

sherwin sherwindu at att.net
Mon Mar 26 02:55:02 EDT 2012

On 3/25/2012 9:45 PM, Ginda Fisher wrote:
> I sprayed my apples with spinosad this morning, to combat winter moths. This afternoon it began to drizzle, and continued drizzling most of the day.
>
> Was the spray wasted? Should I re-do it when the weather clears? Should I wait 10 days, as per the label?
>
> (I'm also a little nervous, because this is the first time I've used leftover spinosad from last year. But it looked okay this year. Maybe it didn't freeze, since the winter has been so mild.)
>
> thanks,
> Ginda
> eastern MA, zone 6

     Ginda,

     Did you mix a 'sticker' in with your spray.  If so, the spray would
have probably mostly
     dried in the few hours after application and the sticker would have
minimized the washing
     off effect.  If not, you probably lost the effect of the morning
spray.  Not sure why you have
     to wait 10 days, but if most of it washed off, seems like it's ok
to reapply now.

                  Sherwin Dubren