[nafex] Apricot Protection

Jay Cutts orders at cuttsreviews.com
Thu Mar 22 14:08:33 EDT 2012

It seems like that far north apricots would be real long shot. Here in
NM they rarely set fruit because of late frosts. Maybe once in 7 years.
Of course further north your spring might not be as warm as ours.

I've never figured out a practical method for protecting tree flowers
from late frost. I once set my temperature alarm so that if the
temperature was going to go below freezing (usually 5:30 or 6 am) it
would wake me up. My plan was to spray water on the trees. But when I
got out there, the hose was already frozen solid!!

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
(505)-281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mt Time, 7 days