[nafex] Early pruning

Steve sdw12986 at aol.com
Sun Mar 18 13:49:44 EDT 2012

I'm thinking of going out and starting my pruning. It may not seem early
to some of you but it's early here. I usually wait until late April when
the chance of real cold weather is mostly over. I just checked and our
normal high and normal low for this date is 37 and 14 degrees F.
Today it's already 70 degrees and the lows for the rest of the week are
in the 40s. I think I'm going to start pruning, at least the apples,
right now, even though it could easily get into the single digits on any
given night for the next 3 or 4 weeks.
Does anyone think this is a mistake? Apples are pretty forgiving but
what about my pears and plums?

Steve in the Adirondacks