[nafex] moth traps for general purpose monitoring

Scott Smith scott at cs.jhu.edu
Tue Mar 6 12:36:07 EST 2012

Anton, I don't think those traps have pheromone bait strong enough to extend more than 25-50' from the trap, so I wouldn't worry too much about attracting bugs from outside your yard.

I use the wing traps from Great Lakes with a CM lure in it, and it works well.  This last year I trapped zero, the mating disruption program I had started a few years ago finally reaped dividends.   The previous years I had many in the traps as well as in the fruits.

Scott z7 MD