[nafex] Goji Berry - Wolfberry - Lycium barbarum

Sarah Kehler Ewing skkewing at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 18:49:40 EDT 2012

I grew about 250 plants from seeds I got from Prairie Garden Seeds (http://www.prseeds.ca).  They did really well the first year with only a few showing frost damage from a really late and hard frost (pulled them out), but as the grass grew into the patch they started not looking so hot.  They had one lone berry the first year and nothing since then and they have died back/the deer ate them off a bunch of times and a whole bunch just died.  They were supposed to get transplanted into my new berry patch (grass free and closer to the house/dogs) but that didn't happen this year so maybe next spring.  Certainly not invasive for me, but I'm not giving up on them yet!

Friend in Edmonton have them growing very well and harvest them every year as well as they have gone wild in one place up there from the Chinese railroad workers from way back then.

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB