[nafex] Crows!!!

Jerry Levit jerlevit at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 12:16:56 EDT 2012

Our neighbors the crows are having a field day in our orchard. We have 66 dwarf apple trees on a Marchand trellis, 15 semi-dwarf apples and four semi-dwarf pear trees. The trees range between 4 and 6 years old and this is their first year of serious production. Unfortunately for us, the crows are getting most of the nearly-ripe fruit. We have put up scare tape, deployed an owl scarecrow and are employing a Bird Gard Pro sound device. Each system worked for about four or five days. I don't mind sharing some of our harvest with the critters. I just want my fair share. Short of netting each tree are there any other ideas that folks on this list that have proven effective. Thanks for your insights and experience.

Jerry Levit
Windy Meadows
4371 Russell Road
Graham, NC 27253