[nafex] Fwd: Ron Lombough

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 31 18:49:01 EST 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Ron Lombough
Date: 	Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:07:57 -0500
From: 	Chuck Blethen <Chuck.Blethen at AZwineCru.com>
To: 	Lon J. Rombough <lonrom at hevanet.com>

To Lon's family:

I am very sad to hear of Lon's passing. I extend my sincerest sympathy
for your loss.

Lon was a special inspiration to me as I struggled to learn how to grow
cold-hardy grapes here in the mountains of western North Carolina. He
served me well over the past several years as a member of my Advisory
Board. His experience and insight helped us solve some difficult
problems and allowed us to successfully build a small business out of
propagating the native cold-hardy Muscadines we discovered growing here
in the mountains. His friendship and advice in this special business
will be sorely missed. He was truly one of the great grape breeders of
our time.

Chuck Blethen- Executive Director
Sustainable Appalachian Viticulture Institute
PO Box 4
Marshall NC 28753 USA
828-606-3130
e-Mail: Blethen at GrapeSAVI.org <mailto:Chuck.Blethen at AZwineCru.com>
www.GrapeSAVI.org <http://www.GrapeSAVI.org>

*

Advocates for Growing *
*High-Altitude, Cold-Hardy Grapes*